Saturday, August 22, 2009

10 Things I Hate About You...I Mean in General.

Over the course of life, we as humans find that we hate things. Many people hate Adolf Hitler (who gets what he deserves in Inglourious Basterds by the way), Barry Bonds and the fact that The Beatles broke up, just to name a few. Some things just make us cringe, get stressed over, piss us off and make us snap. I hate the fact that I lost to Tom Silva in bowling the other night 178 to 95. Danny Allen hates the fact that the Red Sox traded Nomar Garciaparra. George Bush hates black people. Many different people hate many different things, and since this is my blog, I'm going to share with all of you things that I hate. Hopefully you will see my arguments for each item. One thing I hate is that Heath Ledger died, so in memory of one of his movies, I will list ten things that I hate. I know not everyone will agree with the things I hate, and I respect that, but just bear with me.

The Montreal Canadiens - Growing up a diehard Bruins fan since I was knee high to a grasshopper, I have hated this franchise for years. This is the only sports team I despise more than the Yankees. Just thinking about the Habs makes my fists clench and I get the feeling like I want to break something. They have the worst fans in the world. Their fans booed the US national anthem at every home game against an American team. They boo there own team after the lose, and they even boo their own goalie, Carey Price (even if he deserves it)for getting lit up by the Bruins. They always think they are the best team in the world, when in reality they haven't won anything since the early 90's. This could be due to the team constantly getting drunk every night while partying it up at the Montreal club scene. They have no class and it only serves them right that they got swept in the first round of the playoffs in their centennial season. Arguably one of the greatest nights of my life was having 6th row seats to game 2 of this years playoff series against the Canadiens where the Bruins slaughtered them 5-1. Don't even get me started about the time they wore these jerseys.

Paparazzi and Tabloids - Why do we care about stars lives so much? It's a waste of time to worry about whether Jon Gosselin is a gigolo. I'm much more concerned about my life, so why should I care if Kourtney Kardashian forgot to take her birth control pill and is now pregnant? The only two celebrities I really care about at all are Megan Fox and Kiefer Sutherland. I also cared about this guy until he decided to kick the bucket. It's sort of pathetic that there are magazines that are solely based on the lives of people who make movies. Sure I understand they're famous and have fans, but doesn't it seem like people who have to follow someone else's life makes them seem like a loser? Then the other problem I have with it is that paparazzi gives famous people no privacy whatsoever. Scumbag photographers take pictures of stars doing the most boring stuff and try to make the most out of it. Photographs of Gwen Stefani grocery shopping with her son just seem pointless, yet they can make up some rumor like she's getting fat for buying Fruity Pebbles. Ah paparazzi. They make me go bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

The Shining - Did those twins really need to be that creepy?

High School Musical - Show me a real high school where kids sing all day and have their star point guard look like this.

Thumbelina - Don't you just want to dropkick these two in the teeth?

"Those" Kids - Everyone has them. You text one friend a simple question, and the friend respond with 5 straight text messages before you can even respond to his response. It just aggravates me. We all have one of those friends.

Dance Dance Revolution - Just another reason to realize that white guys can't dance besides John Travolta. Besides, no one dances like you do when you play that game. Picture a kid dancing on the Dance Dance Revolution game. Now picture the kid still dancing, but minus the actual game/danceboard thing. Would that kid dance like that in real life? Didn't think so.

House Cups - A huge staple at college parties. Why does it really matter if some "Bro" shows up with his trusty sippy cup at a college party and deems it a house cup and gets to cut everyone off for drinks. If this can happen, why can't everyone bring a house cup? Is it a cry for attention? In fact, I'm going to start a new movement. I'm going to persuade 40 of my friends at Providence College to bring their own house cup to the same party and see what happens. If there is an abundance of house cups at a party, who gets their refill first? It would be interesting to see what happens.

Kids Who Can't Make Fun of Themselves - We all have our flaws in life, and we also make fun of people for theirs. There are some things about a personality which can determine if you are a beast or if you're a dweeb. It speaks a lot if you can make fun of yourself, or take a joke if a friend is making fun of you, as long as it's in moderation. I do my fair share of making fun of my friends, but I also can make fun of myself. For instance, I have a slight speech impediment and look anorexic. I won't have a problem if someone makes a joke about those two things, as long as its funny and there are no hard feelings. If you are a kid who constantly makes fun of your friends, but then flip out over the first joke a friend says about you, you aren't really a great person. If I were to make fun of Dan for being a Stoic, it would only make sense that he should be entitled to calling me a twig who talks funny, or something like that. In order to throw some punches, you have to roll with them first. As Winston Wolf once said, "Just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character".

The Jonas Brothers - Just look at this. Now take a moment and really think that these kids are the most famous people on the planet right now. That makes me sick. I feel like all three of them combined couldn't even take on Pee Wee Herman.

So a special thanks to Danny Allen for his the previous blogpost he left. Today's cheery lyric of the day is from The Ramones Blitzkrieg Bop - "They're piling in the back seat/They're generating steam heat/Pulsating in the back beat, the blitzkrieg bop/Hey ho, let's go, shootem in the back now/what they want, I don't know/They're all reved up and ready to go". I have no idea what these lines could even mean, but does anyone?

Welp, see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment