9. James Dean- Yeah he might of died really young from speeding and only made 3 movies in his life, but the man looked damn good in a leather jacket. I guess if you're going to be a rebel without a cause, step one is to look like you can pull of a leather jacket.
8. Michael Jackson- Okay, this isn't really helping my case too much here, but who didn't love the music video for Thriller?
7. Julian Casablancas/The Strokes- The masterminds who gave us 'Last Nite', 'Reptilia', 'Someday', '12:51' and 'Whatever Happend?' have always been one of those band who has looked the part of rockstars who don't really care about anything, and leather jackets have been part of their look for quite sometime. Singer Julian Casablancas has pretty much substituted his skin for a leather jacket 24/7 these days.
2. The Ramones- It was tough putting these guys at number 2 instead of 1, but they just have to settle here. There was no band quite like them. All their songs sounded the same and were always about 2 minutes and a few seconds long. They were a bunch of degenerates from New York with fake names, but more importantly leather jackets. I'd pay good money to see Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee and Tommy prance around CBGB's wearing leather jackets, but that'll be kind of hard considering three of them are already dead.
1. The Fonz- Really, has anyone ever been more associated with a leather jacket than the Fonz? The guy made Happy Days watchable. He had the hair, the looks, the ability to work a jukebox but just pounding on it, but most importantly, he had a sharp looking jacket. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that when I wear this jacket out and about, I'll be getting a lot of Fonzie 'AAAAAAYYYYYYY!'s thrown my way. The Fonz revolutionized jacket wearing for men.
Needless to say, I feel a lot better wearing my snazzy new leather jacket out in public now that I've already embraced all the abuse I may get for wearing one.